by D.J. Wilson-
Can’t decide where to take your next trip? Consider a relaxing vacation in an urban setting. It may sound surprising, but today’s metropolises offer just about everything. When you’re tired of the noisy city, leave the hustle and bustle on the streets below. Head up to roof, where your great vacation get-away awaits you. Unwind and allow breathtaking views of the city to soothe your soul. Here are three favorite picks in “The City that Never Sleeps”. Be prepared to be wowed!
- The James NYC – Location: SoHo, 27 Grand Street, New York, NY (212) 465-2000 –This towering hotel offers panoramic rooftop vistas of the East and Hudson rivers. The 114-room luxury boutique hotel features remarkable curated artwork throughout the interior. Stunning rooms and attractive outdoor spaces set this hotel soaring on the likeability chart. Guests are invited to lounge in the Sky Lobby which overlooks the well-designed seasonal Urban Garden. The rooftop is amazing, boasting a concrete halo-style roof which frames the pool deck. Enjoy the teak decking, plush outdoor chaise lounges and refreshing pool. Complimentary rooftop yoga is available for guests seeking inspiring views of the New York City skyline, which is designed to increase the calming experience. The proximity to shopping, restaurants, coffee shops and to SoHo attractions makes the hotel’s location extremely desirable.
- Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC – Location: Meatpacking District, 18 Ninth Avenue (at 13th Street) New York, NY (212) 206-6700. – Get off the hot cobblestone pavement and appreciate a stay at this hip 187-room hotel, located in the heart of an upbeat urban oasis. Featuring one of the most lauded rooftop pools, the atmosphere is enhanced by illuminated and changeable colored lights. Guests are welcome to swim in the heated pool that’s open year round. Grab a lounge chair and recline under an umbrella as you read a good book. The evening promises a lovely sunset on the Hudson, guaranteed to leave a favorable impression. Enjoy cocktails with friends at the Plunge Rooftop Bar & Lounge, a night-life hotspot during the summer months which boasts a modish main bar with a translucent roof. Lending style to the surroundings, the hotel is situated near converted warehouses which house fashionable shops, chic restaurants and trendy clubs.
- Trump SOHO, New York – Location: SoHo, 246 Spring Street, New York, NY (212) 842-5500. After a long day touring the city, who wouldn’t love to sleep in this 46-story, 391-room hotel inspired by cobblestone streets and history of the neighborhood? Guests enter into a dramatic two-story lobby, where rich and natural designs harmoniously meet. The hotel’s motto is “If success hasn’t spoiled you, we will.” This is evident in abundant amenities such as a comforting spa, classy salon, relaxation rooms, and well-designed health club. The views from the upper floors of this hotel are magnificent, as the tower rises over its surroundings. Enjoy the seasonal Bar d’Eau, featuring an outdoor pool deck. The pool is exclusive for hotel guests and condominium owners, while non-hotel visitors are welcome to dine on the terrace. Relax in comfort poolside, where guests are served by an attentive staff. Enjoy food and drinks at this luxury high-rise hotel, to enhance the experience. Spoil yourself at this urban retreat, where SoHo meets Tribeca and the West Village, putting you within walking distance to fascinating art galleries, restaurants, and specialty boutiques.
Create your memorable visit to New York City with a stay at any of these luxury high-rise hotels offering enchanting views of the New York City skyline. Remember to request a room with a view, to make the most of your visit to the lively city of New York.
10 Great Things to do in NYC – Your Countdown to Fun:
10. Times Square – Delight in the electric atmosphere at the site of the annual New Year’s Eve ball-drop. Have fun people watching under the neon lights of Broadway.
9. Radio City Music Hall – Beauty and history converge at this art deco theatre, famous for the renowned dancing Rockettes.
8. Rockefeller Center – Visit this attraction offering shopping, dining and attractions like the NBC Studio Tour and the famous Rink at Rockefeller.
7. Top of the Rock – In pace with our roof-top theme, fall in love with 360 degree views of NYC from three observation decks. Bring your camera!
6. Central Park – Stroll in this stunning and almost entirely man-made park, featuring tranquility amongst a varied picturesque
5. Metropolitan Museum of Art – Be amazed in this all-encompassing museum which showcases over 2 million works of art.
4. Lincoln Center – Considered the “Epicenter of Classical Music” visit the iconic home of NY Philharmonic, the NYC Ballet and the Metropolitan Opera.
3. Bryant Park – Ride the French-style merry-go-round and stroll the well-maintained lawns of this lovely park. Let attractive spring gardens, Ping-Pong, and free ice-skating come winter entice you to visit.
2. NY Public Library – Check out this masterpiece of Beaux-Art design, which holds over 6 million books.
1. St. Patrick’s Cathedral – An enormous 13th century-style Gothic church featuring a beautiful rose window and soaring twin spirals.